Visitor Services Associate
The Kalmar Nyckel Foundation (KNF) seeks a visitor services associate for the Copeland Maritime Center and Fort Christina Park. Holidays, weekends, and weekday availability is required for a total of 10-20 hours per week from Memorial Day through Labor Day. The associate will provide information for visitors, both in person and on the phone. They will also sell tickets for tours, sails, and merchandise.
KNF seeks applicants with strong communication skills and customer focus as well as an ability to work with people from different cultures. Applicants must be responsible, professional self-starters. Background in customer service and administrative tasks is preferred. The ideal candidate will display interest in Wilmington’s history, including colonial history, industrial history of Wilmington’s Riverfront, and Fort Christina Park.
Responsibilities and Duties:
● Welcome visitors by greeting them in person or on the phone
● Answer inquiries related to the ship’s schedule, directions to ports, and registration for sails
● Use KNF’s online system to register, refund, and reschedule passengers
● Sell tickets and merchandise using cash and credit cards
● Maintain clean and safe reception area, equipment, property, and materials
● Give an introduction of the park and museum to groups of 1 to 20 people
● Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed
● Strong customer relationship and communication skills with diverse audiences
● Responsible, professional, and adaptable to changing conditions
● Works well as part of a team and independently
● Strong computer skills and technological ability
● Compliance with criminal background check
● Ability to lift 20 pounds and work outdoors for 6 hours a day
Please send a cover letter and resume to Em McKeever: Event.Coordinator@kalmarnyckel.org
Did you know: That today's Kalmar Nyckel is a re-creation of a three-masted, square-rigged, gun-armed merchant ship?